Following shall be the Aims and Objectives of Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF)
- To struggle against foreign occupation, gain independence and attain an honourable position amongst free nations of the world. Struggle to establish a political and social infrastructure based on the values of democracy, public welfare and social justice in the country.
- To evolve and practice political strategies which meet modern-day demands for national liberation.
- To fight on all fronts, which have been declared legitimate for the subjugated nations (under alien domination) by the United Nations.
- To provide moral and material support to Kashmiri organisations working for complete independence of the State.
- To project the Kashmir Issue and the liberation movement as a question of national independence at the international level, and to acquire support (from international community) and public opinion for our movement.
- To reinforce patriotism and unite all the citizens of the State on ideological grounds to achieve national liberation.
- To interact and liaise with revolutionary liberation movements and progressive international organisations to gain support, and to support other freedom movements in the world.
- To expose all elements inside the State (in all parts) who are engaged in personal and political gains at the cost of national liberation and are acting as puppets and quislings for foreign powers.
- To uproot all racial, communal, regional, linguistic and class prejudices if they exist amongst any people in the State and to promote unity, friendship and equality amongst them.
- To establish effective communication channels amongst the currently cut-off but patriotic people in the forcibly divided parts of the State.
- To try to help resolve social and economic problems of our people in all parts of the State.
- Take effective steps to publicise our ideology and aims as widely as possible.
- To take steps to inform the Kashmiris, especially the younger generation, of the historic background to the Issue, the true nature and history of our liberation movement including geographical and historical facts and economical potentials of Jammu-Kashmir.
- To take steps to unite and organise all the patriotic Kashmiri people wherever they may be residing under the banner of the JKLF.
- Pending the final settlement, aim to merge Gilgit/Baltistan territories with Azad-Kashmir and to establish therein a democratic representative government with full powers to serve as a base-camp in accordance with the objectives of the Provisional Azad (Free) Government established on 4th October 1947.
- To re-instate and safeguard national identity and cultural and religious values of all people of Jammu-Kashmir State.
We believe that the best solution to the Issue is to reunify all parts of the forcibly divided State and offer full sovereignty and independence with a right to become a member of the United Nations.
Our goal is to win freedom and indedendence.
The definition of freedom in our view is that after expulsion of all foreign forces and after gaining independence build a social and political infrastructure based upon the following principles:
FREEDOM OF SPEACH:
Individual citizens enjoy the freedom to hold and practice their belief on religion, politics and economy.
DEMOCRACY AND SOCIAL JUSTICE:
Form of government is based on the universally accepted principle of democracy, social justice and free economy.
The government is responsible for providing the basic necessities e.g. education, health care and employment for all citizens. In order to bring all people in the State on to equal level of progression the areas lagging behind may well be given priority).
Everyone enjoys basic human rights such as freedom of speech, freedom of press, freedom to preach their views, freedom of movement, security of life and honor, and opportunity to make political, social and economic progress.
No individual or group is discriminated against on the basis of their belief, sex, cast, culture, language or region.
Since complete independence is the key to ultimate freedom, JKLF will, for the time being, concentrate on fighting against the forced divisions and foreign occupation of our country.
Our movement is a movement of national liberation and as such we aim to align our struggle with other similar national liberation movements in the world.